Dr. Lissa Gilreath
Fun Facts with Dr. Gilreath
- What’s the first concert you ever went to? The Who! It was in Atlanta. I was only 3 years old!
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live? New Zealand! I traveled the entire the North Island when I was younger and fell in love!
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza? I love the perfect balance of savory and sweet, so it’s a big yes for me!
- What are you surprisingly good at? Snowboarding! I’ve spent a large majority of my life on the snow. First chair, last call!
- BS in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
- DMD from James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine at Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
Dr. Gilreath's Story
Dr. Lissa Gilreath is a proud native of the Upstate with family located in both Greenville and Oconee counties. A graduate of Wade Hampton High School in Greenville, SC, she went on to receive her BS in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. During her time at Winthrop, Dr. Gilreath was actively involved in scientific research. She is a published author in the area of organic chemistry. Her findings have contributed in the development of improved drug pathways that could reduce byproduct waste and increase purity in medications such as antibiotics.
Dr. Gilreath attended the James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine at Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC, where she gained her DMD degree. Between the classes and clinics at MUSC, Dr. Gilreath found the time to put her passion for both dentistry and her community to work by providing free dental care and oral hygiene instruction to her fellow South Carolinians. She has volunteered at multiple outreach centers and special needs facilities throughout SC.
Dr. Gilreath is an active member of several dental organizations including the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association and the South Carolina Dental Association. She prides herself on being a compassionate and attentive healthcare provider. She always strives to provide top-notch care putting her patients’ feelings first and taking the time to actively listen. You will find her very easy to talk to and many find themselves sharing a good laugh with her during their appointments.
Dr. Gilreath lives in Greenville, SC with her two sons, Jude and Hayes, and their two rescue dogs. In her spare time, Dr. Gilreath enjoys good company, delicious food and big laughter. She loves travelling and some of her favorite times are spent exploring the great outdoors with her friends and family.
Family Dental Health of Keowee
Family Dental Health of Keowee will help you feel at home while providing the best dental care possible.Learn More