Start your journey—
Join the orchard
Interested in joining the dental field, but have no experience? Click to learn more about our dental training program.Learn More
Join A Growing Family Built for Your Success
FDH is growing all thanks to our loyal patients, and now we need warm, upbeat, friendly, hardworking, task-oriented team players to join our family. Grow as an individual and join a team that has FUN, while working HARD!
Next Program Dates
Beginning in January 2023 and graduating in April 2023
Beginning August 2023 and graduating December 2023
*These are all considered tentative dates.
The Orchard is a 5-to-13 week paid internship. It’s designed to educate those interested in the dental field, but who cannot get their feet in the door due to lack of dental experience. The first five weeks focus on the administrative portion of the dental office with the remaining 7-8 weeks being dedicated to the clinical aspect. When you graduate, you are considered a “hybrid”; an employee who can float from the front office to the clinical side, when needed. You receive hands-on experience that prepares you for all aspects of the dental practice, front to back. Although employment is not guaranteed, there are opportunities after successful completion of the program based on your skill level and our need for new employees.
- Names, numbers, and surfaces of teeth
- Arches and quadrants of the mouth
- Different dental procedures and why they are necessary
- Areas of dental specialties
- Taking x-rays (Intro to X-ray software & Dexis),
- Dental instruments & the how, where, and when they are to be used
- How to set up for different dental procedures
- Materials used in dental procedures
- Best practices when answering and processing phone calls
- Answering patient questions concerning treatment and insurance
- Filing insurance
- Providing excellent quality patient care
- Dealing with conflict in the workplace
- Dealing with difficult patients
- Payment collection
- Presenting treatment plans
- Introduction to the FDH dental software, Dentrix
- Best practices for scheduling new and existing patient appointments
- Moving and breaking existing appointments
- Scheduling for dentist and hygienist
- How to know the when, where, and what when scheduling patients’ appointment
Interns are placed in a practice each week (progressively more throughout the session) to apply what has been learned in the classroom setting. You are given the opportunity to practice within real-life situations for both the business and clinical side of the practice. Both a CPR class and radiation certification class are included within the Orchard program.